Professional Experience Includes
– Advising Banks on recovery strategies around valuer and solicitor professional indemnity litigation
– Advising shareholders and directors in private company management buy-outs
– Advising several companies on Enterprise Ireland investment funding and grant aid, including preference share subscriptions
– Advising on specialised commercial agreements such as share sale and purchase agreements, subscription agreements, shareholder agreements and has particular expertise in agreements tailored to international corporate structures
– High Court commercial litigation work
James-Paul has advised and has been instructed in actions on behalf of financial institutions in both valuer and solicitor professional negligence litigation. The experience gained and the established team means cases can be quickly brought on and handled with confidence and determination. The strengths and weaknesses of a case and the potential value recoverable by the client are the key areas to be determined. Resolution of certain cases at an early stage of proceedings through negotiation can be achieved and experience in identifying those cases and dealing with them effectively is essential.
James-Paul Galligan specialises in commercial litigation with particular emphasis on professional negligence litigation. His focus in the last three years has been in the area of litigation dedicated to matters arising from property and banking transactions.
James-Paul has experience advising clients on a wide range of domestic and international corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings. James-Paul also advises many French companies doing business in and through Ireland.
Education & Professional Memberships
James-Paul graduated from Trinity College Dublin with a Bachelor of Law degree in 1994. He was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in 1998 and founded Galligan Johnston Solicitors in March 2010 with Edward Johnston having previously been a Partner in a large Dublin based commercial law firm. He a is fluent French speaker and an active member of the Chambre De Commerce et D’Industrie Franco-Irlandaise/Ireland France Chamber of Commerce and the Franco-Irish Lawyers Association. In January 2014 James-Paul was admitted to the roll of solicitors of the Senior Courts of England and Wales and is also a Registered Lawyer with the English Football Association.